Posted by : Joe Medlin Wednesday, November 5, 2014



              It’s been a little bit since I’ve been on to make an update, and I know its far overdue, so I figured I should go ahead and post what little I’ve done. I’m so ashamed.  Anyway, I suppose I’ve been slacking off a little bit lately, but I was getting so close to overloading, it was pretty much necessary.  To be honest, I’ve been going back to the PS3, technically last gen since I do have a PS4 (and I feel horrible about neglecting it like I have), but Skyrim has again caught my interest, and I figured since I never actually completed the DLC they finally released, it was definitely worth another go.   There’s nothing to blow off some serious steam like killing a few bandits and slaying a couple dragons.

Just another day at the office.
                  Though it has been little, I have managed to get some done in the past little while since I’ve posted.  I had a sudden realization that almost changed my life.  There is this old building sitting across town. There may be one like this near you, so pay attention. It’s been there forever, and I’ve been there plenty of times when I was younger. It’s full of old books, and believe it or not, you can rent them for free. What is this magical place called? A library.  No, they’re not extinct; they actually still exist. And the one nearest me had a surprising selection pertaining to computers. I actually managed to walk out with two of particular interest: one dealing with hardware/software diagnostics with flowcharts, and another general troubleshooting guide for Windows 7. Both are listed on my “References” page.


 
See, there's a flowchart for everything.Now if only it were truly this simple.

                To be truthful, I have only really looked at the flowchart book, mainly because it is so amazing in and of itself. Along with the flowcharts that inevitably lead to your root problem, it has explanations point-by-point outlining the flowchart and why these things may be happening. What does this matter to myself? I have only gotten through the first chapter (Power Supplies) and I feel much more confident about buying a power supply for my computer, which I will be building soon (yes, that endeavor will definitely be covered here).
                As for my future plans, I have found out about a social networking event that takes place monthly on the second Tuesday of the month.  It’s called Tech after Five, and is what it sounds like. All of the biggest technology professionals in the area get together and have drinks with each other, as well as individuals interested in getting in the field. It’s an interesting opportunity to gain advice and make connections in the field I have been working towards for so long already. 
                My resume is going to be my next challenge in conjunction with Tech After Five.  The only way to be noticed is through that resume, which is essentially your first impression. While mine may be rather lackluster right now, that is the one thing I plan to change by the next post I make. And please note the sources used section at the bottom. This is a trend I am going to adopt in my postings, and I intend on rewriting my previous posts to include this. Until next time, good luck and wish me the same.  

Source of images used:
 Skyrim 

Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments

- Copyright © Learn to program with me! - Skyblue - Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -