Posted by : Joe Medlin Saturday, September 27, 2014

     So we've all heard the old adage referenced in my title, and I like to think its true, at least for the most part. No matter how stubborn I want to be about it, it seems that a lot of times things work out somehow, and things all happen for a reason.  I am aware that with a very little effort, you can poke a hole straight through that philosophy, but please do me one favor and don't. That would mean everything to me, okay?
     It seems kind of sad when you can almost predict the roadblocks that are going to happen, and I feel like that's where I am. Not that I'm psychic or some sort of demon fortune-teller, but it seems that life has a sort of pattern. And if that doesn't quite work, then its because this is something big, something I want more than I've wanted a lot in life, and therefore its going to be a pain to complete. It wouldn't be worth it otherwise.
     You're probably wondering what I'm referring to at this point. If so, I'm glad. It means you've been paying attention.
      I hit yet another roadblock the other day with my schooling, and I really wasn't sure how to handle it. Due to my job change within the past couple of years, I have become ineligible for the federal Pell Grant that was completely paying my way through community college. Therefore, I figured I would just get a student loan. Apparently not.
     According to some research I was able to conduct online, I found quite a few community colleges are opting out of the federal loan program to curb the rising student debt they are combating. This was somewhat of a shock, seeing as my college was one of them. In short....wtf?
      Well, after beating my head against a wall for a few minutes, hoping an idea would come to me, eventually one did.
     I found out recently that there is not as much of a point in just getting an Associate's degree in my particular field. I figured it would be a start, and I suppose it could be, but a Bachelor's is apparently what's going to really help me take off.
     After a lot of discussion with my wife, and a little soul searching on my own, we have decided that fall semester of next year, I will start my Bachelor's at the local university.  In a way, it's disheartening, knowing I was almost done with my degree, and now it's practically doubled. But on the other hand, this was necessary anyway, and I will have more of the experience I was looking for, so far as classes are concerned.
     Every cloud has a silver lining. Everything works out for a reason. I am a man of contradiction that not even I fully understand at any point in time. I do not believe in destiny or fate, but I honestly believe that somehow, things do end up working out. Give it your all, and it comes back to you. Maybe one day I will understand how that works, maybe not. Either way, I'm just glad it does.


Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments

- Copyright © Learn to program with me! - Skyblue - Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -